Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/28/2010

celebrated

My birthday was on Thursday. I turned... well most of you know what I turned. I can honestly say that it was possibly the happiest birthday I have had in my adult life. I had taken to traveling on my birthday and doing it up big. However, in all of those cases something small interfered with my ability to genuinely soak up the celebration of the day/week. I often let little things cloud my appreciation of the day. But, this year, because I did not have major expectations, I just went about my business celebrating life. Every corner I turned was a surprise and a smile. I enjoyed it as I walked on campus and had near strangers tell me , "Happy Birthday!" I ate dinning hall food, and enjoyed a typical day. However, it was different. I am so satisfied. I am so at home. I am so able to be myself in my current environment that every step felt like home and every person I talked to felt like family. My new friends celebrated me in a big way both on Thursday and last night. Some tried to embarrass me, some decorated my door, and some just treated me to dessert. But, they all made me feel special. It doesn't take much to make a best birthday. I guess I don't have to seek it out so much as embrace it right in front of me. There is a joy of the Lord that surpasses understanding, and that is exactly how I feel. I am so grateful for the family I have here. When you are surrounded by believers who long to build you up, you find that you are.

Soundtrack: Meant to live, Switchfoot


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment