Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/05/2010

soundtrack of my life

I would love for you to hear the soundtrack of my life. I find that most significant moments and many insightful thoughts that I have are either propelled by music or underscored by music. I find that songs find a way to say, no not say, express the feelings of a moment better than my best chosen words. Lyrics are poems, and therefore carry a depth of meaning that my exposition never could. This is why music is so important to me. I'm not gifted musically. I know enough to recognize what is good and what is crap. I am going to go back through some old posts and list at the bottom the word "Soundtrack" and then a song that I associate with or even experienced when I was writing that post. I will try to continue this with new posts. Who knew that MySpace and it's "listening to" feature would be so profound? Don't you feel like you have a better understanding of a situation if you knew what musically influenced that moment? What would a movie be without songs underneath? How many times have you heard a song and said out loud, "I love that movie!" Me too. That's how I feel about my life. I hear a song, and I think, "I loved that moment!!!!" I think that we have musical emotional memory and that is part of how we file away significant moments in our lives.

Soundtrack: Deciphering Me, Brooke Fraser

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment