Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/12/2010

hyesun

One of my favorite parts of seminary so far has been the diversity of the student population. When I arrived on campus the RA had posted a note on the door stating that when the new students arrived we were to call the RA on call. The guy that answered told me to go to the Asbury Inn to get my keys. I walked back to the dorm, took my purse upstairs and when I was coming downstairs to get my stuff I found the cutest little Korean girl standing in front of the dorm. She was not at the door with the note. I walked her up to the Inn to get her key, and we became fast friends. She is my favorite person to talk to. She is naive and vulnerable in the most beautiful ways. She is hungry to learn, and ill equipped to do so. I snagged her a banana last night at dinner because she had wanted one. She left me a note in my room and Korean cookies, which were only OK. She is always more generous with me than I am with her. She has called me a "comedian." So, somehow the girl with the least amount of cultural context has seen the truth of who I am.

Soundtrack: Shout to the North, Passion.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment