Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/16/2010

pop the collar

I am taking Methods and Praxis this semester. The professor is older, and wise. It is a 3 hour class, that's 3 hours straight on a Monday night. I'll be honest, it is difficult to pay attention. Some students (no worries, I won't name names) spend the class period on Facebook and The Onion and other classic Internet time wasters. I keep myself focused on the class by paying attention to the details of the room, my class mates, and of course the uniqueness of my professor. Larry Wood is interesting to me. He has a very clean cut image. For the last 2 classes he has worn a button up shirt with a sweater over it. I am not exactly sure why, but I started to imagine how ridiculous and entertaining it would be if he were to pop his collar, Kanye style, not to be confused with creepy frat-boy style. So, we will see. Dr. Wood has this twinkle in his eye that reminds me of David Haygood. I used to walk into David' office barefoot at the scandal of all of the Wesley Monumental staff, but he found it charming. I think Dr. Wood appreciates the freedom and confidence of a young woman and would oblige if I asked, after I have formed an appropriate teacher-student relationship. We will see. If I am able to succeed, then I will certainly post the picture!!!




Soundtrack: Jesus Walks, Kanye West


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment