Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/06/2010

Saving the World

I have a regular customer at Glenn's that comes in just as much to harass the waitresses as to enjoy our food. I shared with most of my regulars that I would be leaving to work on my Masters' degree, and if they asked I would explain that I was going to seminary. If people want to know your personal details, they will ask. He did, and I could tell that he was confused and that he was not a believer. He told me that he goes to the church of the Saint Mattress or something like that. Over the weeks he would ask a few questions and make some little digs, but all in good fun. He came in the night before my last and when he was leaving he grabbed my hand and said, "No, really go save the world." He was expressing to me that he thought it was honorable. I find that when people try to give me the glory for doing something good that is really just me being obedient I am often given a grand opportunity to redirect the glory to where it rightly deserves to be given. I simply said, "I'm leaving that up to someone else." He cocked his head, and I said, "We call him Jesus." He smiled. I smiled. It was a good moment. May you always take the chances to proclaim God's glory and be patient to use the appropriate moment to do so.

Soundtrack: Holy, Holy, Holy.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment