Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/07/2010

Why do we do the things we do?

I am actively considering making my blog live, and in doing so I am forced to reconsider what I have posted already to this blog and what I am willing to post to the blog. I feel myself wanting to hide things that I have discovered about my friends or have revealed about my friends. Why do I want to hide these things? How is this serving them? It is truth. It should be brought into the light. I love these people, and I want to protect them. However, I am burdened to consider whether or not it is actually protecting them. Should we pursue Truth at all costs? But, then I am forced to consider that none of my friends or family members asked to be a part of my blog. Just because I am choosing to make MY life public does not imply their implicit consent as well. I hope that if I share something about you, you will take it as an act of respect. It means that even when we are not together I am thinking about and praying about your well being. I am not gossiping or trying to share confidential information. If there is anything that I have posted that offends you, PLEASE tell me. I am a highly relational person. When I am not with you, I am thinking about you. I am praying for you, and I am processing what is going on in your life. I take our friendship to mean I carry this load with you. We are in this together, and I am honored to participate in your life. This often means that I write about the things that are floating around in my brain which is often those closest to me. I will try to keep names as confidential as possible, but I recognize that I live and love in a relatively small sphere of influence. Lord, help me to know what to share and what to keep private.

Soundtrack: The Uncomfortable Truth, Nneka

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment