Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

2/24/2010

unexpectedness

I walked across the lawn to get some notes for a class, and I was struck by how much the weather currently expresses my feelings. If you could take a picture of my heart, it would look like our current Kentucky Weather. It has just barely begun to snow. The flakes are big and strikingly beautiful, but they whip around on the wind as if frenzied from excitement. There is an anticipation of something remarkably beautiful soon to fall, but the present state of conditions catches my breath. It is shocking, and exhilarating. The wind is fierce and strong, but it lacks direction and purpose. Hope is truly a gift from God. There is something very childlike in me as I walk through the snow, simply wanting to capture the cold of one flake. All other thoughts leave my mind, and I am consumed with what is present before me. Coming inside, the residue of the cold remains on my nose and fingertips. I am now absent from the storm, but I am pleased with the reminder that it waits for me just outside.

Soundtrack: Let it Snow, Everlasting God, Chris Tomlin, and Love is Waiting, Brooke Fraser.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment