Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

3/21/2010

The Word

Sometimes the Lord says it for you. Sometimes Scripture speaks volumes. When you are hungry for something to which to cling, He sends a word. Today:

Deuteronomy 8:2-3a
Remember the long way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, in order to humble you, testing you to know what was in your heat, whether or not you would keep his commandments. He humbled you by letting you hunger, then by feeding you with manna...

Psalm 86:1-5
Hear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

There are days and situations that feel like it is all just too much to manage. I am extended beyond my own ability to manage all that is on my plate in this moment, and I am hungry for reprieve. I am weary. I am in need of manna. I call on the Lord, believing there is relief in Him.

Soundtrack: Speak to Me, Rebbecca St. James

Share/Bookmark

1 comment: