Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

3/04/2010

What I'm learning about prayer with Dr. Kalas

The Asbury House of Prayer asked Dr. Kalas to teach on what he has been learning about prayer. These are my notes:

Intellect is not the measure of prayer.

"She took ownership of the room. She knew God and God knew her."

There should be a certain time of the day that you do business with God. I think it ought to be in the morning.

So I changed my prayer life, and it wasn't hard to change.

Prayer should humble you, not humiliate you.

It reminds you who is God and who is not when you kneel.

I have come to love the smell of leather.

Prayer is a friendship with God.

Apostate for the anonymous- Praying for those whom no one is praying.

Conversational Prayer

"What if there are some things that God can't do or won't do unless we pray." - quoting Maxie Dunnam

I believe God expects me to pray.

God does things in this world cooperatively with us.

I pray for things to be done expecting for things to done.

Prayer puts me on God's side.

Prayer out loud is the most intimate thing you can do with your spouse.

Jesus would walk away from people that needed to be healed to do business with the Father.

Isometrics of prayer- pitting your spiritual muscles against themselves. Instead of letting something bother you, pray about it.

She wasn't asking God to be there; She knew He was there. Whether or not God was going to be there had been settled between the two of them.

You can make a space sacred.

We have been so scared of superstition (in the Protestant Church) that we miss out on the opportunity for the sacred.

Soundtrack: Livin' on a Prayer, Bon Jovi

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment