Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

4/05/2010

musical theology

I think that the average church congregant could call themselves solid theologians if they simply paid attention to the language present in the hymns that we sing on Sunday mornings. For instance:

I serve a risen Savior, he's in the world today; I know that he is living, whatever foes may say. I see his hand of mercy, I hear his voice of cheer, and just the time I need him, he's always near.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today. He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way. he lives, He lives, Salvation to impart! You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart.

Indeed Christ lives... Salvation to impart.

Soundtrack , He Lives!


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment