Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

5/01/2010

relationship frenzy

It's awesome and sometimes necessary to create an environment that intimacy is known and visible and overt with the Lord in a worship setting. It pleases him for us to expressively demonstrate our love for him. Sometimes we worship like we are in the frenzy of a new relationship. However, during a recent time of worship I noticed that the most spirit-filled person in the room was the least expressive. It was this older gentleman who has traveled the world on mission trips and has healed possibly hundreds of thousands of people. He no longer has anything to prove in his relationship with the Lord. His relationship frenzy was years ago, but the closeness remains. It's the second naivete. His relationship is so deep, so intimate that he doesn't need the outward signs to which we cling. I am reminded of the depth of love present between a couple that has been married for most of their lives simply sitting on the porch. That is where this gentleman was. He is in that place of intimate presence with the Lord all the time. He's been there, done that so much that simply shifting his gaze toward the Lord invokes memory of love and deep adoration beyond anything the rest of us can imagine. He knows abide. Do I? Do you?

On a side note, these are his words when he was discussing his healing ministry:

"I always ask the Father what to do. I tell him that if there's someone here that needs prayer, I will pray for them. It's that simple. I'm not a healer. He does the healing." And then he asked if anyone needed prayer. It's that simple.

Soundtrack: Made to Worship, Chris Tomlin and Faithful, Enter the Worship Circle (2nd Circle)

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment