Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

5/12/2010

loves like a huricane

"The love I'm singing about in that song is really... is not a pretty/clean... it's not a Hollywood, hot-pink love. It's a kind of love that's willing to love things that are messy and willing to love even the difficult and sort of kinda gross kind of things." John Mark McMillan on his process of writing How He Loves. He wrote this song in response to his honest feelings about the Lord during the tragic death of a close friend. He talks about his anger and how God can love us through that. How beautiful. "He wasn't offended at the fact that I was angry at God." For those of you, for those of us, who have lost someone significant in our lives, hear the good word that God is with us in that moment. He is a part of our pain. Praying for the Swaneys. I continue to share your loss. He continues to share your loss.

I remember a sholder in college that I got snotty in unashamed weeping.

I am thankful for the cross.

May you remember the love of God that is willing to love things that are messy and difficult. May you not be confined to a hot-pink Hollywood love from the Lord.

Soundtrack: How He Loves, Kim Walker (kills it)

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great reminder. Love isn't true love unless it is willing to get messy and I'm glad I serve a God who loves me enough to get messy with me.

    Erica <><

    ReplyDelete