Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

5/10/2010

Kaiteur Coffeehouse

I got an email today informing me that Kaiteur will be closing. Kaiteur is a local owned coffee shop in Conyers, GA, my home town. I mourn this reality. For years I have taken a stance against Starbucks, and invested my time and money into local owned coffee shops. I have several friends that work at Starbucks, so I have been informed of all of the "great" things that Starbucks does for communities. However, I will never be convinced that any of the good they do justifies this or justifies the closing of Blue Sky or the closing of innumerable local owned places just like it. Moose is a good man, and his family pursued a dream. I will always champion the pursuit of dreams over the growth of a corporation. Long live Jittery Joe's, Gallery Espresso, Main & Maple, and Solomon's Porch. Thank you for giving me an environment to love, study, laugh, and cry. I would be a different person without you.

If you're going to drink coffee, drink local. Eat local. Buy local. Support your local economy. It's worth keeping the dreams alive.

http://www.kaiteurcoffeehouse.com/

Soundtrack: Falling in love at a Coffee Shop, Landon Pigg

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment