Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

12/16/2009

7-13-09

Last night I had this very vivid dream. In light of my prayer time I think the interpretation is pretty obvious. Something was wrong with my heart. It was hardening in places, but there was a doctor who could fix it, and I had a strong sense of assurance that this doctor was capable. Just before the operation the doctor had to go somewhere. Even though there was a back up doctor that I was told was good enough, I refused. And, I flung myself on the floor and yelled out that it wasn't fair. I chose to wait for the one I trusted would heal my heart rather than risk my life on the one that may or may not be able to fix my broken hard heart.

~ A journal entry I ran across when I was going to write in my journal today. I had forgotten about that dream, but I think it illustrates my perspective on love nicely. I stand by my desire for one day of the real deal at 80 rather than a lifetime of mediocre.

Soundtrack: I want you to be my love. Over the Rhine

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment