Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

9/05/2010

Do This... The Meal is the Mission

One of my absolute favorite things about community life here at Asbury is the Reader. We join together and read scripture through a devotional during Kingdomtide and Lent. When I was taking classes online in Conyers, this was one of the things that made me feel connected to Wilmore, and as a writer I find the power of words, not just words but scripture, binding us together to be comforting. I have long believed that the written word holds a unique power in that it can minister despite time and space. For instance, YOU can participate in the Common Text Project with me even if you are in NYC; Oxford, England; Conyers, Georgia; Flowery Branch, Georgia; or Carmichaels, PA. As we prepare to return to school we are rolling out the Fall Reader which is titled Do This: The Meal is the Mission. I hope it is as a powerful a blessing to you as it has been to me. The posts will appear everyday at 12:01 am.

To join me in this journey. You can read it daily at:


http://www.asburyreader.com/


or, follow the link on that page to order a copy. I assure you that you will be blessed.


If a twittersized portion is all you can take follow us at:


http://twitter.com/Twiturgy


Soundtrack: My Drink, Charlie Hall



Share/Bookmark


No comments:

Post a Comment