Soundtrack/Backpack

All of the blog posts have a "soundtrack" listed. I firmly believe we feel things more deeply when we associate a thought or experience to a song. I pray the Spirit will use my words and these songs to draw you in deeper into the love and grace of the Triune God!

Some posts have a "backpack" item. Simply, these are books that I would suggest for further reading on a given topic.

8/31/2009

pay attention boys

If a girl gives you seemingly random out of the blue unrelated information... It's an invitation.


I was at this store, and one of the guys that works there asked me if I was looking for something specific when I was standing enjoying browsing the books. I do that a lot. I will go and stand among the books I love and think about what I learned when I was reading them, or who inspired me to buy that book, or what lesson God taught me through that book. I told him that I just like to check on some of my favorite authors to see if they have written anything new. He asked who, and I told him Rob Bell, Lauren Winner, Brian McLauren etc. He knew who I was talking about, and even had some suggestions. The way he responded and stared at me, I knew he wanted to talk more. It was that look you give someone when you are shocked to find someone similar to you. We all think that we are unique, or at least a part of a super cool and exclusive club. Another woman walked up, and his job required that he help her instead of continuing to chat with me. I hung around for a few moments, but eventually went on with my shopping. A few weeks later I found myself in the same store and the same clerk appeared as I searched for a calendar for work. I found myself giving him a lot of details about where I work and when I work because part of me wanted him to have a chance to seek me out. That was months ago now, and even though I still go to that store, and he still pops up everytime I walk in the store, I am over it. I wasn't that in to him in the first place, but his inability to accept the invitation laid out made him terribly unattractive. Why is it that men think women are complicted? We really aren't. We want you to be bold and pay attention to what we are saying. We give you hints and invitations all the time. You just aren't paying attention.

Soundtrack: Better, Matthew Mayfied

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment